20080703-06 - Diving at Lang Tengah Island


We took around 2 hours depart from Merang Jetty to Lang Tengah Island. I was so bored and I just fall aslept easily on the boat. Wah, the water was crystal clear. The sand was soft and it's much more beautiful than Phuket! We'll be staying 4 days 3 nights at Redang Lang Island Resort.

This is the room which we need to share for 4 persons. A bit small compare to the hostel we stayed yesterday night but the bed is more comfortable with the warm blanket which I like alot :)

The dive center at Redang Lang Island Resort. Behind the diving sign board, we found this 'idiom' on it - "There was a time when sex was safe and diving is dangerous".


The first day was rather disappointed because it was raining after our first dive but it was a good time to sleep after long journey as we're pretty tired by then.

The next day, was a sunny day. It had been thousand year long I didn't saw rainbow. I quickly rushed to take my camera just for this faded rainbow. The life on the island was like eating, diving, resting, tanning... 4 meals was provided breakfast, lunch, tea time and dinner. The foods was really nice and alot of variety. I like the BBQ sting fish, bally water and crab meatball.



On the first day, we're required to do equipment assembly, half mask clearing, regulator recovery, sharing buddy alternate air source and swimming underwater where we need to control our buoyancy.

On the second day morning, we have our second dive. We need to do some higher challenge skill such as full mask clearing, underwater buoyancy control. I encounter problem of getting down and keep on floating up :( The assistance dive master trying hard to pull me down to the bottom of the sea as the depth has been increased compare to yesterday. She added more weight for me in order to let me sank into the bottom. I couldn't really control myself down bottom at the sea. I was imbalance and trying hard to stay still underwater.

In the afternoon, we have our third dive. This time, I added another weight and have no problem getting down to the sea :) This time we need to do 'lotus sit' post, mask removal and neutral buoyancy control. When it was Eileen turn for the mask removal, she was a bit panic and accidentally got chocked by the sea water, she dropped her weight belt and inflate her BCD, and directly went up the surface. When the dive master saw this situation, she stopped the test and just let us dive freely as a chance to practice our neutral buoyancy.

I saw the clown anemonefish and tend to play with them. Unfortunately, I didn't know that the animone was poisoness and accidently touched on it on the back of my left hand while I was trying to catch the clown anemonefish. I felt that it was jut like burning. The second time when I saw those clown anemonefish again, I didn't dare to touch the anemone but trying to attrach the clown anemonefish out from there and managed to touch them :)

On the third day morning, we'll need to take boat ride to the center of the sea and do the sitting back roll entry. At first it was kind of scared but then once you enter the sea, nothing is horrible. My buddy was Joey, a girl who shared room with us. While we was descending together, she encounter problem to descend, probably she couldn't equalized herself. I was in doubt at first whether to go up or went down. I think the assistance dive master will get hold of her and just went down with the others. The condition underwater was a bit bad as the current was quite strong. For us - novice diver, we encounter problem to fight the strong current. We have to kick in full strenght in order to move forward a bit. Every kick we made, we were driven back by the current. We lost another 2 of the diver under the water. The dive master failed to locate them as the water was not clear due to the strong current. Later we just ascent and waited for the others.

In the afternoon, we have our last dive which is away from the beach and as deep as 18 m. I have some problem equalizing myself when I was getting down the sea. I alway have problem to equalize my left ear. It was a great pain on my left ear when I failed to equalize it. Trying hard to equalize myself in order to get to the bottom of the sea. Eventually I'm down there. Learning to balanced myself with neutral buoyancy I don't really look around at those beautiful and significant coral and fish around. While I was enjoying myself following the dive master, suddenly someone got hold of me at my back. I was stunned for a movement. Luckily I didn't struggle to free myself. Later I saw a brown skin with black spot at around 12 inch width. I was wondering what's it. Then I turned my head over to the hole and saw this huge brown skin owner, it's and eel's head. We were having direct eye to eye contact. I stop my breath for a while cause I don't want to make it 'angry' with me for disturbing ......

Finally I have finished all the skills required to pass as a qualified diver ;) I'll be getting my diving license soon. Will post it once I got it.

Redang Lang Island Resort Contact :-
==============================
Tel : +609-6239911
Fax : +609-6310832
Email : boon@redanglangresort.com.my
Website : http://www.redanglangresort.com.my/intro.asp

Comments

haan said…
argh.. u got licensed few weeks before me. i got mine on 20/7/2008 at Redang. originally few UC people (upstairs) said interested to do the same, but finally all FFK till i was the only left. but i still went for it, by myself.

my other diving buddies (newly known) all have a lot of friends crazy for diving. only i dun have ^^
Lee said…
haha... i don't have diving buddies as well. Maybe next time we can go together ^_#
haan said…
yea good idea. among all islands i only went to redang (shame to say). msia is so famous for its diving sites.

Popular posts from this blog

‘初老症状’?

~ “对不起”~

火气好大