20080702 - One Night Stay at Kuala Terengganu


"Today I need to leave earlier, is that ok?" asking my supervisor. "OK". That's just great. Counting down the time to leave. 5:20pm sharp, I received my friend's call and started to pack my things. Yet, when he's waiting outside my company, I'm still on my desk :( Dragging my luggage with thousand pair of eyes watching me, damn embarrassed...

Need to fetch my cousin and her friend as well. Yiks, fireflyz delayed our flight from 20:05 to 20:40. It's kind of early when we reached Subang Airport. It was under renovation - hot and dusty. The escalator was not even moving at all. We have to drag our luggage through the stair cases. :(


We have our dinner at Butler's - one and the only one fast food around this old Subang Airport. I ordered "fish sandwich" which look quite different from the pictures, Eileen - my cousin ordered fried chicken meanwhile her friend - Veron ordered the waffle. The friend chicken was tasty and not oily(according to Eileen) but the waffle seems not cooked(according to Veron). The fries also not well cooked...



After our dinner, we waited for another 1 hour plus before departed to Kuala Terengganu. I managed to capture the sunset. The flight took an hour from Subang Airport to Sultan Mahmud Airport - Kuala Terengganu.


The architecture of the airport was full of Malay culture and artistic. The Malay carving can be easily seen on the stair case. Without any delay, we have our luggage in around 5 minutes. A bit unbelievable.

We took a cab to our hostel - Ping Anchorage Backpacker Lodge located at Jalan Sultan Sulaiman. We shared it with a lady whom we hardly knew (RM25 per car).


We carried our heavy scuba diving gear until the 2nd floor. Where we're almost out of breath... Wah, the room was so large. Em, where is the blanket? I needed blanket :'( At night I just used my towel as my blanket or else I'll be freeze to death......

I woke up pretty early since I needed to go to the morning market to buy 'keropok' (fish cracker) for my colleagues. Veron and me left at around 8am but we ended up in the wrong direction and wasted half and hour loafing around Kuala Terengganu town. Actually the morning market is just around 5 minutes walk away from Ping Anchorage.


When we reached the morning market it was a bit late and the driver promised to pick us up at 9am. My luggage was too full so I just managed to buy 5 small packet of 'keropok' just like the pictures seen on the left corner.

On our way back to the hostel, we passed by the palace and a nice white mosque. The driver came to fetch us sharp at 9am. Wow, it's not Malaysian time after all.



Ping Anchorage Travellers Inn Contact:-
==================================
Tel : +609-6363030
Fax : +609-6262022/6228093
Email : patrvl@tm.net.my
Website : http://www.pinganchorage.com.my/backpacker.htm
Address : 77A, Jalan Sultan Sulaiman, 20000 Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu, Malaysia.

Comments

Internet Guru said…
Hello!I like to visit blogs..it's my hobby!
I like your blog,you did a great job!Keep up the good work.
Hope you will update it soon!
My blog is: www.personalresource.blogspot.com
You can put it on your favorites if you want!

Popular posts from this blog

‘初老症状’?

~ “对不起”~

火气好大