Pre-Training ~ Gua Batu Maloi


Finally make up my mind to join my friend's super challenging and exotic tour to Mulu. It'll be a total 10 days 9 nights at Gunung Mulu National Park which include Gunung Mulu Summit Trail(2,377meters), Deer Cave, Lang's Cave, Bat Exodus, Sarawak Chamber Cave , Clear Water Cave, Wind Cave, The Pinnacles.

Initially do not plan to join the tour due to this year, every 3 months I took a long holiday. It has been pretty hard to take long holiday as whenever I went for vacation, something bad will happened... This time I just can't bring my laptop along :(

Furthermore, I made a big mistake when I made the flight reservation. I booked the ticket on 28-August instead of 29-August. Deep inside my heart, I was thinking it might be my destiny that I shouldn't join for the trip... So I told BY that I'm joining but later told her that I can't make it after the wrong flight reservation. After struggling hard, I decided to take the challenge.

But after reading through the itinerary in details, I became timid and doubt whether I'm physically fit for this activity. I do not want to give up the trail half way. It has been 5 years since my last hiking. Besides that, I'm not doing any exercise regularly. My life was like working, sleeping, eating, dramaing, movieing... It's just a very unhealthy life style which is consider a sickness to most of the working group...

This Tuesday received email from BY regarding Gua Batu Maloi caving. They have been training quite often for this trip meanwhile I never do any preparation. So today went to Gua Batu Maloi which located at Tampin. There were 2 groups including us joining for the caving - in total 16 of us. It took around 2-3 hours to complete the whole course.

It's different from most of the other cave in Malaysia which formed from stalactite and stalagmite. This cave is formed beneath large rock with a total of 1 kilometer in length. It was not popular like Gua Tempurung.

The hardest part was you need to submerge into the water in order to cross the narrow and winding passage while the current was so strong and trying to drive you away from the passage. Sometime your leg will caught in between the rock and stucked there without knowing how to move forward. I even gave a big knock on my head against the rock. At that moment, I was black out for a moment and gain back consciousness a while later.

Cut, scratches, brushes were found on my hand and leg. I was thinking, why am I paying to suffer? The answer remain unknown. Besides that, BY's friend was so worry and trying to arrange another challenging hiking for me next week to make sure I've some experience before joining the Mulu trip end of this month. Sigh... Felt a bit regret now...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~ “对不起”~

‘初老症状’?

火气好大